cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Question - 2

former_member469694
Participant
0 Kudos

I have the field called Street address (TEXT field, 40 CHRS long)

I need to do the following validations :-

1. IF the street address has PO BOX address then the format shouldbe u2018PO BOX #u2019 otherwise it should error.

2. If the street address has number(street number) in it then the format should be u2018Street numberu201D then u2018Street Nameu201D otherwise it should error. Example, 100 Main Street u2013 correct format

Anyone can help me to code this expression?. I will reward full points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

What you need is called address parsing/standardization. Looking broader, You may end up with addresses that "PO Box" is written in a different language, countries where standard street address does not begin with the building number, valid US addresses that are none of both your examples, or addresses where building number is writen as a word (Ten main street).

Address parsing/standardization and also validation of addresses are basic commodities and this market is flooded with solutions. These solutions can handle the challenges mentioned above with one hand tied behind their back.

Back to MDM: MDM can integrate with such solutions at the workflow level. For additional information look for enrichment controller component in the SDN or in the marketplace.

Edna

Edited by: Edna Naaman on Jun 17, 2008 9:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

If in the second case there are only 3 digits on street number.

Then u can try this one

HAS_ALL_CHARS( MID(‪Street add‬,1,3),"0","9") AND HAS_ALL_CHARS( MID(‪Street add‬,3),"a","Z")

And if there is a space between street number and name and no of digits in street number is not constant then try this

HAS_ALL_CHARS(MID(Street add,1,FIND(‪Street add‬," ",1)),"0","9") AND HAS_ALL_CHARS( MID(‪Street add‬,FIND(‪Street add‬," ",1)),"a","Z")

Hope this may help u.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike ,

Kindly explain the scenaio with example.Also if in the second case the street number is of only 3 digits and if there is a space between street number and street name.

Please give details so that i can help you.

Rgds

Ankit