cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program * not registered after downtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the RFC Sender Adapter to connect SAP R3 to SAP XI.

It works perfectly, but sometimes, if SAP R3 fails for any reason (hardware failure, downtime, ....) it starts dumping Program * not registered.

The only way i have to correct this is to restart the communication channel in XI.

Unfortunately a lot of processes fail until someone discovers this.

Is there any way to avoid this happening?

Regards,

Jose Neves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally The value for gateway host should be the IP of your XI system.

And also the value of program id should be, Rfc2XmbService.

There is no option if this program Id may get failed to identify due to the previous instance available in the cache.

So just have to activate RFC or...you can refresh the RFC adapter from RWB.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the RFC sender channel will try to reconnect to the SAP Gateway. If this reconnect fails, the next reconnect attempt is made after a waiting period of 1 second. If the next reconnect fails also, the waiting period is doubled and so on. This will lead to a reconnect timing of 1, 2, 4, 8, ..., 3600 seconds. Saving recources is the aim of this technique.

Once the maximum time is reached, the RFC channel does not stop connecting. It continues to try connecting indefinitely. The waiting period is a constant interval of the maximum time that is set, i.e. after every 3600ms.

If not configured, the maximum waiting time is defined in the middleware layer of SAP JCO, which is 3600 seconds. But this maximum time can be configured for each RFC sender channel in the XI Integration Directory. Open the Advanced Mode for the RFC Server Parameter.

Before SP 12: Add a line to the table and use 'jco.server.max_startup_delay' as name and the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts as value.

Since SP 12: Enter the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts in the field Maximum Reconnect Delay.

Gaurav Jain

Reward Points if answer is helpful