cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High volume printing solutions question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP on IBM i5 community,

We are interested in getting information on how to address high volume printing of labels and other continuous form documents with graphics. We currently use the ZPL2 language and Zebra printers for some labels, and from our legacy application use QMS magnum and IBM model 6400 printers for other multi up labels. In our SAP phase 3 project we are looking to replace the legacy environment including the QMS magnum code with another solution and possibly still use continuous form dot matrix printers because of their high volume print capacity. It is our understanding that dot printer printers cannot interpret the ZPL2 code without a special solution to decode the print stream.

Are other companies still using continuous forms with high speed dot matrix printers to create output? If so, how with what combination of hardware and software?

THANK YOU, and we look forward to your replies!!!

Tim Murphy

Thermo Fisher Scientific, Rochester, NY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim

My name is Frank Yi. I have very same problem as you were having. We have SAP ECC 6.0 and System i V5R4.

We too have IBM 6400 running on our legacy environment but we want to keep using it in SAP environment as well. Currently, our problem is on printing barcodes from SAP. We have tried out different emulations within the 6400 printer but it didn't print barcodes. As far as I know SAP does not support IPDS and AFP.

Did you ever get your problems resolved. If so, could you tell

me how you did it.

Thank You Tim.