cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.a2a to xml conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to convert .a2a file to xml ?

I have created a repository and archived it and when I unarchive the same, the fields I have created in the repository (archived one) differs from the .a2a I unarchived.

I dont want to do by unarchiving .a2a file and creating a repository and exporting it as xml. I want the other way around.

i.e. directly converting .a2a to xml

thanks

manian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manian,

I have created a repository and archived it and when I unarchive the same, the fields I have created in the repository (archived one) differs from the .a2a I unarchived.

Onw way of checking this is by Exporting the Repository Schema of your repository. And then Import the Schema into the Existing Repository. This will Automatically Compare, the Incoming Schema with the Existing Schema.

It displays a dialog that Highlights the color codes and differences according to the change operation. You will directly come to know about the Differences it is showing you in the New schema.

It allows you to individualy accept or reject each Change.

But Ideally the Imported Schema should Match Exactly with your Existing Schema. If it does not match, check the repository for Errors and verify it , if any.

I dont want to do by unarchiving .a2a file and creating a repository and exporting it as xml. I want the other way around.

i.e. directly converting .a2a to xml

One way of doing this is by Exporting the schema of your Repository from Console- > Export Repository Schema.

Then using the Xomlite Software, you can create the XSD for your repository. This will give you the Structure of the Repository and not the data. Please follow the link to know the detail

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7f4eb]

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manian,

If you are archiving the repository and unarchiving it, then it should give you a repository which is exactly same as the archived one. Please check with the name of the archive. When you archive any repository, it asks you for the name of the archive. Suppose you give "ABC". This ABC is stored in the program Files->SAP MDM 5.5->Server->Archives folder of the machine on which your server is installed. If you are unarchiving it on any othe server then you must copy this "ABC"file from this location to the same path upto Server->Archives for the other server. If you are doing it on the same server then its fine. Now when you unarchive, system asks you for DB login credentials. After providing log in credentials, it asks for the name of repository you want to create by this unarchiving operation. Then you have to select archive name from a drop down list. Make sure that at that time you are choosing the "ABC" only. If you are following the above procedure then there should not be any problems.

If you do not want to do it with archive method, you can right click on repository name -> Export repo schema. You will get an XSD file. You can then right click on server name and choose "Create repo from schema". But this will just create a repo with all the fields and tables as in original repo. No data will be there in the new repo. In unarchiving you also get the data of first repo in the new one.

Please let me know if problem is resolved with this.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Edited by: Dheeraj Kumar on Jul 3, 2008 9:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manian,

I think creating an XML from the available .a2i file is not possible.

You try this out.

1.Archive the repository with all the fields created, save it in a different name & place it in Server Archive folder.

2.Us e the option create the repository using Archives.

If these options will not workout, try the same steps after unmounting & mounting the repository.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Pramod for your reply.

I tried as you said. But getting in the same way.

Will try after unmounting and mounting

thanks

manian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

Even after unmounting and mounting , I am getting in the same way

manian

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Manian,

Just try exporting a Schema and then importing the schema.

This would get you the xml file for the structure of your repository.

when you export a schema then it gets saved to .xml file such that you could import that xml file into another repository.

This is the option of using the same schema ie tables/fields.

Thanks and regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manian

I have created a repository and archived it and when I unarchive the same, the fields I have created in the repository (archived one) differs from the .a2a !

Can you further elaborate what are the field/table differences you are getting?

Try to verify the repository before archiving and see the report also. In case of any errors try to resolve that before archiving the repository. this should solve your problem. You may need to compact/index the repository as well.

Award points if useful

Regards-

Ravi Kumar