Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max currency in JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this error in my jdbc communication channel :

"Channel has reached maximum concurrency (5,000 concurrent messages) and no free resource found within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the maximum concurrency level"

Do i have to increase my maxiumum concurrency ? where can i find this option ? And what does it mean ? Or need to make space somewhere ?

Thanks by advance...

Edited by: Jean-Philippe PAIN on Jun 16, 2008 6:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using pi 7.0 sp 12/ xi 3.0 sp 20

You can specify how many messages the adapter is to process in parallel in a cluster node (default is 1)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f071ff6d-5bfb-2910-a985-86ac9f6a...

check page no 29

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry but after reading all your messages, i still don't understand the maximum currency notion.

Is someone can explain it more "simply" pls ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default Maximum Concurrency = 1 in communication channel. Which will open one connection with the Database. Since your data volume and call is large so if you define it more then 1 then it will open multiple connection for you and your transaction rate will be faster.

1. Maximum Concurrency = 1

This is the default value of Maximum Concurrency. This means a single receiver JDBC channel can acquire only one DB connection.

This case does not offer any parallel processing of messaging by single channel.

2. Maximum Concurrency > 1

This ensures that resource pool size(DB conneciton size) is limited to specified value per single JDBC receiver channel. For instance, setting this parameter to 2 will ensure that a single receiver JDBC channel can acquire 2 DB connections in parallel(if needed).

Gaurav Jain

Points if answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just restart the pi instance and it works fine.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maximum Concurency in the Receiver JDBC channel

under processing tab of Receiver JDBC CC, You can set the level= 2 or more.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

If you are setting Maximum Concurrency to a greater value then even check out in the adavance mode Database Transaction Level as isolation level determines how transactions running in parallel can influence each other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For concurrency you can refer to SAP Note 831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter

Question 28. Effect of setting Maximum Concurrency and poolWaitingTime

Gaurav Jain

Points if answer is helpful