- Role 1

- Workset 1

- Page 1

- iView 1 (Web Dynpro)

- Role 2

- Workset 2

- Page 2

- iView 2 (Web Dynpro)

Is it possible to navigate via absolute / relative navigation from "web dynpro iView 1" to "web dynpro iView 2" although they are part of different portal roles?

Or do I object based navigation for such a navigation?

Kind regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with absolute navigation but without success so far! Nothing happens, when I trigger the navigation, i.e. the target window is not displayed. Unfortunately there is also no error displayed so I can only guess what is going wrong! I'm using the following code for navigation within an action handler method:

String targetUrl = "ROLES://portal_content/administrator/super_admin/super_admin_role/com.sap.portal.system_administration/com.sap.portal.support/com.sap.portal.web_dynpro_test_tools/com.sap.portal.portal_navigation";

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(
            targetUrl,
            WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,
            (String) null,
            (String) null,
            WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_HISTORY,
            (String) null,
            (String) null,
            (String) null,
            true);

The code should be executed when user clicks on the "Navigate to..." button.

I have already checked the following prerequisites:

- used user has both, the source and target portal role assigned

- the navigation target url is equal to the iView id displayed in "portal content administration quick info"

I expected to get an error when executing my application as standalone application (outside of the portal) and triggering the portal navigation but curiously no error is displayed.

Could you please explain me why and what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Marc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could solve the above mentioned problem by correcting application host property of my portal system which my web dynpro application is running on. The property was set to "localhost" and I tested with an explicit dns name like vm04s. Changing the host to localhost in the url showed the correct solution. I can't really understand why I does work when explicit host is replaced localhost. So if there is someone understanding this, please let me know.

Regards,

Marc

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try giving QuickLinks to the pages in portal and use a LinkToURL UI

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since I have to display the target iView or page in a new window with portal navigation I do need to specify the WDPortalNavigationMode and have therefore to use the WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute method, don't I?

So my desired code should look like:

String targetUrl =
            "ROLES://portal_content/administrator/super_admin/super_admin_role/com.sap.portal.system_administration/com.sap.portal.support/com.sap.portal.web_dynpro_test_tools/com.sap.portal.portal_navigation";

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(
            targetUrl,
            WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL,
            (String) null,
            (String) null,
            WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_HISTORY,
            (String) null,
            (String) null,
            (String) null,
            true);