cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro in Java to create a login screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have to create a webdypro in Java which check the user and password is correct, these parameters are in SAP R3 ( the user and password are SAP "SAP LOGON" ).

My question is if exist any function in SAP that I can to call it or how do it this authentification.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Your question is not very clear.

If you just wish to call a SAP functionality which is exposed as web service, then the method provided by Julius is correct.

But if you wish to verify if a user id being used / created in Web Dynpro, whether it exists in SAP and if its credentials are valid or not, then there are BAPIs available in SAP.

- BAPI_USER_EXISTENCE_CHECK - As name suggest, it checks if the User exists in corresponding SAP system.

- SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC - To check if the user is valid / active user and the password is correct.

But to call this function modules you will either have to use SAP connector or you will have to access the function modules as told by Julius. The authentication used there will need to have RFC execution rights.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vandana.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you developing Java WDP which consume web service in Netweaver CE?

If yes, you need to go to http://host:port/nwa -> SOA management -> technical configuration -> destination template management -> create destination (which corresponding to where you specified when importing web service model in WDP) -> eg, DEFAULT_WS_EXECUTION_DEST and DEFAULT_WS_METADATA_DEST with details about instance number, host name, logon info etc.

Hope it helps.

- julius