cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting data into the table

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am using gridlayout viewset with 3 rows and one column...

in first row, i am using a table to display the values...

in the second row, i am using the views to insert the data... as soon as i entered the data, that data should be displayed into the table displayed in first row...

i am using the buttons in third row...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

brahmanandam_ausali
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sunil,

what i under stood is,

u have three views, on clicking in third view , uwant to insert the record into the table(first row) in the first view from the data in second view , right.

STEPS:

1: Create node in the componentcontroller for table in the first view.

2: create the attributes for the fields in the second view.

3: Go to data modeller of the component controller.

4: create a mapping from controller to the first view for table, and to the second view for the input fields.

5: in first view , apply template for the table based on the node mapped from controller,

6: in the second view apply template for the form based on the attributs mapped from controller.

7: write the following code, in the event handler of the button in third view.

IPublicAdsTestApp.I<urnode>Element tne = wdThis.wdGet<urcontroller>Controller().wdGetContext().create<urnode>Element

tne.set<attributes>((wdThis.wdGet<urcontroller>Controller().wdGetContext().get<attributes of the input fields>);

);

wdThis.wdGet<urcontroller>Controller().wdGetContext().node<urnode>().addElement(0,tne);

brahmanandam ausali

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunil

hope all the views in the threeviews in the rows in the viewset are visible when running.then you can use context mapping between view1 and view3 using the component controller.

in the component controller create a node of the same cardinality as in the node in view1 same way create a node in view3.

create context mapping between the node in view1 and view3 via the node in component controller.

create context mapping between the context attributes in view2 and the corresponding context attributes in view3 via component controller.

this is to get the data to be inserted.

in the on action method of the button in the third view type the following

{

get these datas from the context attributes.

create a node element and set these values to the element and add it to the node.

}

hope this helps

regards

saravana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

Enter the values in the views in ur second row,Keep the button also in the same view so that it should be easy for u to transfer the values.click on the button to submit the values to the table.

on the onsubmit action of the button give the following implementation.

Give the navigation link from the second view to the first view.

onsubmit()

{

wdThis.wdfireplugtoTableview();

//coding for transferring the values to the table.

}

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Navigation link in the diagram view and fire according to ur needs.

Initially show the view to insert the data in ur window and map the value form that to the view which contain the

table to display the values using the component controller.

IPrivatePermission_Dataview.INode_subElement x=wdContext.nodeNode_sub().createNode_subElement();

wdContext.nodeNode_sub().addElement(x)wdContext.currentNode_subElement().setid(id1);

wdContext.nodeNode_sub().moveNext();

Now map the node Node_sub to the component controller

and then to the table view.

Now fire plug from the view to the button view[wdThis.wdFirePlugTo_button_view();]from the data entry view and then in the button action fire plug to the

view which contain the table to display the values[wdThis.wdFirePlugTo_table_view();].

Handle the same senario to other views also in ur layout.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please make use of Component/Custom contoller to pass the data between the views.

Create context in Component/Custom controller and map the context to view1 and view2 .

Regards, Anilkumar