cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor call to and from .NET application to SAP using .NET connecto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented the use of .NET connector successfully in integrationg a C# application to SAP R/3 4.6C. However, we would like to know how we can monitor and manage RFC calls between the 2 systems to ensure that transactions sucessfully executed in SAP. Do we need to use MQ Series or BizTalk server or can we building our own program to manage message queues?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Viney

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need features like guaranteed delivery and queuing, you should look at SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure (XI). This should have all feature you need.

Another alternative is Queued RFC (QRFC), which is also supported by NCo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

Thank you for reply. I believe that implementing SAP NetWeaver XI will incur considerable costs, which mabye not be feasible. In you opinion, is QRfc sufficient for guaranteed delivery and queuing and how can the transactions be monitored (both I/O to & from SAP)?

Thank you.

Regards,

Viney

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, QRFC should be sufficient (maybe even TRFC would sufficient).

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Reiner,

>

> Thank you for reply. I believe that implementing SAP

> NetWeaver XI will incur considerable costs, which

> mabye not be feasible. In you opinion, is QRfc

> sufficient for guaranteed delivery and queuing and

> how can the transactions be monitored (both I/O to &

> from SAP)?

>

> Thank you.

>

> Regards,

> Viney

Read the .NET and JCO manuals. Everything about transactional connection, 2 phase commit etc is explained.

This should be enough to get you started....

And make sure you use the SYNCPOINT option when dealing with MQ. (min 5.3 CSD05 and above for the .NET classes)

Enjoy

Answers (0)