Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exists in Backend but not in Frontend - already did User sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am experiencing a strange problem.

I created a new user ZCCUSER3 in ABC system, the connectors, JCO every thing is working fine. I executed background job and did user sync for ABC system.

I am wondering why user ZCCUSER3 is not available in front end whereas it exists in backend system.

I checked Users in debug mode, and found that the user ZCCUSER3 do exists in the users list, so what would be the problem in frontend ?

any idea?

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol-

Did you do a full user sync, or an incremental sync?

From my experience, the full user sync always brings in all the new users, when the incremental sync fails.

The Sync Mode defaults at Incremental. Run a full user sync again, and see if that user shows up...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Yes i already did Full Sync, I did complete Sync for User, Role, Profile, even did Batch Risk Analysis.

A few days back i had a same problem, but the next day when the system was restarted, i again executed a background job to sync users, then all the new users were displayed. but this is not the right approach.

what do you suggest?

is there any problem with the batch processing or something.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol-

It is advisable that you do not schedule the User/Profile/Role syncs and Batch Risk Analysis all at once. I would schedule a User sync, Profile sync and Role sync as separate jobs. Also, the Batch Risk Analysis should be a separate job.

Try scheduling only a Full User sync and see what happens, and let me know...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i did User Sync for a specific system in incremental mode. when it was of no use then i did Full sync for User on all systems, It was also in vain, then i finally did Full sync of User, Role and Profile for all systems. I executed 3 background jobs, and the status of all these background jobs was "Complete"

with no luck so far, I did full Sync for User, Role, Profile as well as Batch Risk Analysis and Management Reports.

The status for this background job is also complete.

😔

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try specifying the system where you created that new user and doing a full sync, instead of doing all systems.

Other than that, I have no idea why it's not working. And if the above-mentioned tip doesn't solve your problem, the I would advise you to create an OSS Note...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to default the value in Configuration -> Convert Users, roles and profiles to upper case to YES and then run the User sync. Check whether the user apprears this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I did that already,

today morning i found that the role which was assigned to user ZCCUSER3 and ZCCUSER2 , the status of user comparison was red. I did the User comparison and again did User Sync for specific system.

Also checked the option under configuration for "Convert Users, roles and profiles to upper case" it is already "Yes"

Restarted server twice, till now user still exists in backend and not in frontend. User is not locked, connection is working fine.

I think i need to raise an OSS ticket only.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try assigning these users to any existing group which is being shown in the front end and do full user sync.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

another fact is that, i created a new role ZCCROLE4 in backend and did full synch for the considered system and it is getting on the frontend absolutely fine. But not a user.

Thanks for your reply Faisal, let me try your suggestion also.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

well assigning users to a user group did not helped either.

The good news is the problem has been resolved now.

Some time back all our users were not able to login, getting user authentication failed error. Our system administrator changed the server date/time, and miraculously all the users are now available in front-end.

Actually the Reason of the problem is - licensing related.

Thanks to everyone for putting some efforts in resolving this issue, but in the end the actual reason turned out to be absolutely different.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Answers (0)