cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change existing SyncBO RFC Destination (MI 7.0 / MAM3.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to switch existing syncbo settings from one untrusted RFC destination to another trusted destination. I have defined everything and it works fine.

The problem at hand is the switch of the destination in merep_pd-synchronizer.

I have defined a new default RFC destination in the merep_pd_sychronizer and this is instantly reflected by my custom sync BOs. Only the standard MAM 3.0 syncbos

still have the old connection. I cannot change a selected syncbo directly, even if i try and deactivate it beforehand.

How can i change the rfc destination for the mam30 syncbos?

Thx in advance, Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MArco,

unfortunately the only solution that comes to my head at the moment is to import the SyncBO definition from scratch again via MEREP_MIG. In there you cann change the name of the RFC destination for each line. Be aware to change the name in each and every line - cause if you switch it in the header it has unfortunately no effect to all BOs. After that you ned to generate and activate all BOs again. Could even be you have to replicate the data agin to keep the system working.

Hope this solves your issue!

Regrds,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the swift response. I was afraid to receive an answer like that. I hope you don't mind if i keep this question open a bit longer, maybe somebody knows of a faster way to change the rfc destinations. Strangely the custom sync bos are updated instantly on destination change, this leaves me with hope for a different approach.

best regards, Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

so it is just the destination that changes, but the name stays the same?

Then you could try the following: go SE80 - open the implementation group that was generated for this specific BOs. Search for ZMAM30 and you should find the implementations. Delete these groups and then generate the BOs again. I have in mind that the RFC destination was part of the generated code - so if you delete the old code and generate it again it will take the latest destination.

But this will not work if you change the name of the RFC.

Hope this is a little faster then

Regards,

Oliver