cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of Role in Role Expert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created role in Role Expert and after clicking the generation button it is asking UME password

even so i entered the correct password it is showing that name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have the Admin role for RE; if not, then make sure you have the "Generate Role" action in your role in the UME.

If you have either of those, then you should not get an error...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for ur response, for RE user ,it has two roles one is READMIN Role and another one is cc_administrator.I have checked the actions of READMIN role ,it has view generation role authorization.

problem was not solved.

Thanks & Regards.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using the same password you used to login to RE, and you are using the READMIN role, then you should have no problems in generating a role.

I just tested it in our RE Sandbox right now, and I generated a role successfully...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karunkar,

Try creating a user in backend (R/3) and give all authorizations and set the password as well.

Then when it is asked in RE, please enter the password of the above created user in R/3.

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for your response,shall i create new sap user in backend or roleexpert user in backend.

Thanks & Regards

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It better if you create same RoleExpert User will SAP_ALL Authorizations

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am just wondering if mass generation of roles works in GRC RE. I want to create many derived roles but looking for an approach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sundaram

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Faisal-

Can you tell me how creating a User in the back-end system with SAP_ALL is going to solve his authentication problem in RE via the UME??

Very curious...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, when you are trying to generate a role in R/3, it needs some authorizations of backend.

Therefore, if you specify the password of that user in RE where generating roles, it will allow you to generate the roles in backend

Thats how I have worked! Very Strange......

Regards,

Faisal

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the first time I have heard about that. Since I generated a role in RE using my password, that was authenticated with the UME, then I am going to say your work-around would be an isolated case.

That is truly very, very strange, but I am not surprised. I found something stranger when I was integrating an approval workflow for RE via AE...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for ur Wonderful reply,generated role in RE Successfully.

GR8 Faisal...............

Thanks & Regards

Answers (0)