cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Text on smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where the user will enter a free form text on screen(max of 1000) characters.

In my smartform I have an internal table lt_table.

data :begin of lt_table,

text type lines1000,

end of lt_table.

I have 3 rows in this table.

In my smartform window i have the code ..i loop at lt_table and writen ls_table-text on the window.

I have put a debug point in the smartform and checked that lt_table is populated correctly.

But when it prints on the smartform I expect for each ls_table-text it reads smartform should print all and wrapt the text based on window size.

The smartform does wrap my text but it truncates the text after around 313 chars or so .which is strange because in the table i can see that there are more than 313 char in each line.

could anyone help me in this regard. are there any limitations in smartform text length?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try increasing the width of the window...if the width of the window is exceeded...the text may be getting truncated...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replying .. I dont think window width is the issue .. because it does wrap up text if it reaches end of window .

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Width is not the problem. The problem is that smarforms can only write variables with a maximum lenght of 255 characters. Are you sure it's printing 313 chars? Should be 255.

A solution you can use, is to create 4 variables with 255 char lenght, and split you 1000 char variable into those 4 variables, and write those in SF.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply . I did not know that the smartform restricts text to 255 . I could not thinkof ways to resole.

thanks once again