cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session expired exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How/Where to catch session expired exception in web dynpro? The following message is thrown when I click on the ui in portal.

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.SessionExpiredLongJumpException: Application session has expired: No application session with ID WGM2Pq0FW1NipV5Lp6LduwPdwvcMglH6QrYGsOlwpQ/pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/platform_add_ons/com.sap.caf.eu.gp.folders.gp/com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.runtime/com.sap.caf.eu.gp.worksets.runtime/com.sap.caf.eu.gp.pages.procinstance2/sap.com/cafeugpuirt/Runtime/base/ exists. Hint: A follow-up request was sent to Web Dynpro, but no corresponding session was found under the existing sessions. Reasons: a) Session has expired; b) Web Dynpro is called with incorrect session parameters; c) Application session has been destroyed due to proceeding exception. Please restart the application.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doPostprocessing(ClientSession.java:781)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:241)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:228)

at .....

Thanks.

Regards,

Fui Voon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IWDMessageManager manager = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

try

{

}

catch(WDSessionExpiredException e)

{

manager.reportException(e.getNestedLocalizedMessage(), false);

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this to retrieve more user friendly error message.

e.getNestedLocalizedMessage()

For more details on handle exception, you can refer following URL.

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/wd/index-files/index-23.html

Look for :

WDSessionExpiredException(String)

WDSessionExpiredException(String, Throwable)

WDSessionExpiredException(Throwable)

WDSessionExpiredException(String, Object[])

WDSessionExpiredException()

WDSessionIdentificationException(String)

WDSessionIdentificationException(String, Throwable)

WDSessionIdentificationException(Throwable)

WDSessionIdentificationException(String, Object[])

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I also encountered such issues. I want to catch all type of exception especially runtime exception in my web dynpro.

In my component controller, I will have my code wrap with the try and catch block which look like this:

try {

// perform task

} catch (Throwable t) {

// Displayed user friendly error messages

}

However, I still encountered WDSessionExpiredException (which inherit from Throwable) be thrown at the browser . Is there a place where I can catch all type of exception?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running composite application in the portal using the CE7.1 SP3. The web dynpro is the UI called by the Guided Procedure.

Is there a way that I can catch those internal server errors in my application e.g. the Session expired exception, so that my application can show a more user friendly error message instead of the system exception messages and stack trace?

Or is this a configuration issue? In which I can specify somewhere what message to be displayed for specific internal server errors?

Thanks.

Regards,

Fui Voon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the following link,

Regards,

P.Manivannan