Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i am working on security. our comapany's security strategy is, just assign the sap available roles and dont create any roles.

actually i am not having clear idea abou role mapping. please suggest me. please..............

regards

ramesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Total Questions: 27 (26 unresolved)

Are you sure your many questions have not been answered, or might have requested information from you to be able to comment on them?

Please clean up,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Normally roles are created according to the user requirement and are assigned to them, If your company wants you to assign SAP delivered roles then make sure you are assigning role to a user who is intended to use it else copy SAP standard role edit them and assign to the user according to their requirement.

Rakesh

Edited by: Rakesh Kulkarni on Jun 16, 2008 10:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hope you are not using SAP roles as is and atleast copying them to 'Z' role. if not you better start doing that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

If you are doing like this all users can use all transactions.

Please create/assign roles according to the designation and what role this employee is having in the business process.

Regards

Sohin

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Role mapping is major task, you need to take inputs from Business Analyst for the task they are going to execute.

using SAP delivered is not recommended because they are just like template, you have to create new roles in customer namespace, that is using Z and another reason for not using sap roles is they are not generated.

As mentioned earlier these roles will give access to unwanted transactions.

thanks and good day

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

good