cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM workflow issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need some suggestion about the triggering of workflow.

The following is the workflow process.

Start->Process->approver1->approver2->process->approver3->approver4-Stop.

in my Case workflow triggering is automatic for record creation. sometimes approver2 also create a new record, sometimes approver4 also create a new records.

In the above case the workflow will follow the approver1, approver2, approver3 and approver4.

But I need if approver2 will create a record then workflow will start from approver2 not from approver1.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Kiran.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I find your requirement quite interesting but tricky as well.

The only solution I see is to modify the Workflow process. You will have to use the Branch Step to fulfill the requirement.

Start->Branch-> process->Approver1->Approver2-> Merge->

->process->Approver2 ->

And then End the Workflow with Approver3 and Approver4 and then Stop.

I am advicing you to use Branch because if the record is created by Approver1, then it will take the 1st route and go to Approver 1 and then Approver 2, and then normally go to 3 and 4.

But if the record is created by approver2, it will take the route 2 and directly go to Approver 2 and not 1. ( As this is the requirement).

Now for this, you need to have a field in the repository of type- Create Stamp. It will have the name of the user which will create a record. And you need to write a Validation which will identify the user.

Use the Validations in the Branch step and accordingly, based on the creator, the process will follow.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (0)