cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a JDBC-based iView for Add/Update/Delete Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I'm trying to follow the Visual Composer Tutorial: "How to Create a JDBC-based iView for Add/Update/Delete Record", however, I'm stucked at the data source selection.

I'm under MS SQL Server, so I created a new Database called "VisualComposerDemo" and inside, a table "VCTable". I also created new Stored procedures as the tutorial says, in the "Stored Procedures" table in the same "VisualComposerDemo" database.

I've also correctly added the system to my portal:

Connection URL: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://myhost:1433

DriverClassName: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

FixedCatalog: VisualComposerDemo

So I'm able to log in the portal using VC, and I get to see the System Alias called "JDBC", but I only have these options as data services:

VisualComposerDemo.dbo.syssegments

VisualComposerDemo.dbo.VCTable

VisualComposerDemo.dbo.sysconstrains

VisualComposerDemo.dbo.dtproperties

I don't get the stored procedures I created, not even a "StoredProcedures" table.... can anyone cast some light on this for me?

Thanks

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You are having a peculiar problem. Anyways, go to SQL Server Enterprise Manager. Then select the SQL Server Group, right click on that node and then go for New SQL Server Registration. Complete the registration with your SQL Server. Then expand the node and go to the database node and you'll find your server-database. create your table and store procedures in that database, then you'll be able to see the stored procedures from VC.

I hope it will work

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deep:

Thanks for your kind response. I've registered my SQL server, however, I face another problem now. I have two instances of MS SQL, one for portal/J2EE Web AS and another for MDM Server. I could only register the one for MDM (since if I tried to register the portal/J2EE one it would say its name is already registered).

So I've registered the MDM server even tough my system mapping goes as:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433

how can I make the difference between pointing one instance or the other?

Thanks !

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

what basic problem are you facing?

Check out your database in the Enterprise manager of MSSQL. Does it show your database?

thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I've completed the registration for my SQL Server... however, I can't see the stored procedures table yet, only the other tables I mentioned. The Database at Enterprise Manager on MS SQL does show my database, and the system mapping is ok too, connection test to VisualComposerDemo database does work...

any ideas?

Thanks!

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the BI JDBC connector or the Portal JDBC connector? First one displays tables&views, latter one stored procedure.

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario:

Thanks for the answer. I'm Using the BI_UDI connector. I'm now trying to set up a Portal JDBC Connector, however, using the same parameters, the URL and the Driver, I keep getting failure test connections. I did the user mapping and gave necessary credentials tough

does it need any special parameter?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario

You were right, using the portal (not the BI_UDI) connector solved the problem. Another wrong parameter was the connection URL, I was using:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433

And it was supposed to be:

jdbc:sap:sqlserver://localhost:1433

As well as the connector, I changed:

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

into:

com.sap.portals.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Thanks both Deep and Mario for pointing me into the right path to solution

Regards

Alejandr0

Answers (0)