cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message mapping not generating target fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

iam doing jdbc--->rfc (bpm) created a one2one message mapping to import rfc table.

thanks in advance

sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would have alooted me points..if u wld have opened a thread..:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravya,

well maybe u will,

iam running into a big problem can u look a while

in the same scenario i mentioned above a database field "STATUS_ID" is to be mapped in the response mmapping to update the field in database. can u come across this situation.

thanks

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravya,

did u get a chance to look at my problem.

sri

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2792.have [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] a look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sravya,

Nice to see u, I have raed many of your weblogs. very knowledgble. can u help me this one.

the source date is in yyyy-mm-dd format should be mapped

target date format: yyyymmdd.

i used "DateTrans" function but its giving error.

sri

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you give src format :yyyy-mm-dd

dst format:yyyymmdd.

and check the lengths also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just now i fixed it when i choosed the target format in the "DateTrans" function there is space between yyyy and mm, as well as space between mm and dd. my target date field length is only 8.

any way thanks for your help.

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Rao,

Since you have created a one to one mapping, it would be required to map all the fields in your target message to ur source fields. In case there r some target fields which do not relate to your source field, map it onto a constant. This is all that is required to be done from what i understand from your query. In case there r further problems send the source n target data structure n i will be able to help you out better.

Cheers,

Christina

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all who tried to solve my problem.

my project manger helped me in solving this problem

thanks

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sri,

if it is that your not able get the target fields while your testing the message mapping done...pls make sure that you map all the data elements in the target field with some element in the source field or with a constant.the other possible reason could be that your source field and target field occurance wouldnt be appropriate to map.so just see if any of the two things that i explained are the reason for the same.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

or if u dont want to map the data elements in the target fied whose occurance is Compulsory.u can probably disable hem....