cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTR Transalation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gudday,

I used OTR to display the text that appears on the layout(like text on buttons,labels etc.).and it got saved in package where i saved WDA by default.

But when i log in to SAP ,in languages other than english,iam not able to view the text at all....only the text that is picked from standard OTR (SOTE_VOCABULARY_BASIC) is getting displayed.

Should i maintain separate transalation for the custom OTR in the language i want??

Please suggest me how to proceed further.

Thanks,

Martina.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I use the FM SOTR_API_WB_TRANSLATE for translation in my Web Application.

Is there an easy way to transport this translations ?

At least I didn't get the pop-up for creating new transport request. And the objects didn't seem to include themselves into any existing transport request .

I appreciate any help!

Regards ,

Ari

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

You may want to go through [this |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/TranslatingTextswith+SOTR] for another means of translating your OTR texts.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi matrina,

Could please explain me steps to follow to maintain the texts in OTR & SE63...

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

data lv_btn_title type string.

lv_alias type string value alias name (given in sotr_edit)

lv_btn_title = cl_wd_utilities=>get_otr_text_by_alias( alias = lv_alias ).

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martina

You have to maintain the texts in different languages.

go to transaction SOTR_EDIT choose the language you want and maintain it.

Abhi

Edited by: Abhimanyu Lagishetti on Jun 16, 2008 8:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sotr_edit t-code after mentioning the language,text ,alias name (zpa00/WAITFORAPPROVAL)

and pressing the create button ,it is throwing a error message that 'Alias name already exists'.

Is this the right way to do???

Thanks,

Deepthi.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is already exists then choose change in different languages

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can translate it by using TCode Se63

path is Se63 -> Select Translation -> ABAP Objects -> Short Text -> OTR

I hope this will help you to translate existing OTR objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Translating OTR texts like this is really painful. Probably SAP is internally using another tool which is not released yet. I don't why but for some reason translations are not important for SAP anymore. Its just used for torturing developers. The guy responsible for the SE63 OTR translation tool should be forced to translate 1000 OTRs in 5 different languages non stop without any water and food.

And if I am wrong and anyone knows a really comfortable way to translate OTR texts for WDA applications please post here and I will admit my ignorance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

You are right, translating WDA texts using SE63 is awful.

I now avoid SE63 and just call function SOTR_API_WB_TRANSLATE directly via SE37.

Enter your source & target language and..

PGMID = LIMU

OBJECT = WDYV

OBJNAME = <name of WDA component> (you can use % here as a wildcard)

Try it. You'll love it!

Regards,

Mike Speight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike. Next time I have to translate OTRs I try the function module you suggested!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I tried the same function module , after giving all import parameters it is going to a screen(Translate from & to &) where it is showing all the custom text OTRs we created .

And it is also asking for a input field for the selected custom OTR text.

For this what should we mention in that input field??

Thanks,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

That is where you put the translation for that OTR text.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i am working on webdynpro abap. my web dynpro application should support 3 languages.how to do the translation.

Thanks

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revathy,

Maintain OTR texts and transalate them using function module given above.

Thanks,

Martina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Goodday. I created the otr text and binded and instead of se63 i prefer to use function modules as u said. My doubt is where should i call the function module in webdynpro component. whether it should be called in wddoinit? And one more doubt what should be passsed to PGMID parameter in sort_api_wb_translate. if it program ID where can we find it? please do reply clearly? Thanks.

Edited by: sudha on Sep 18, 2008 2:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Gudday....no need to call it in the webdynpro application ...u open it in SE37....give LIMU as pgmid

WDYV as object and in OBJECT NAME give %view name ......execute it....it will open up all the transalations

in the view name u mentioned and give the corresponding values in target language.....save it...and check the transalations by logging in FRENCH...

That's it......i think u r clear now....revert back for any clarifications....

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i am wotkig with this FM for langauage convertion its giving tye conflict. i am unable to find problem. can any body explain me.

CALL FUNCTION 'SOTR_API_WB_TRANSLATE'

EXPORTING

SOURCE_LANGU = sy-LANGU

TARGET_LANGU = 'DE'

PGMID = 'LIMU'

OBJECT = 'WDYV'

OBJ_NAME = 'ZPAS_XN_01001'

• FLAG_STRING =

• EDIT_MODE = 'T'

• EXCEPTIONS

• NO_ENTRY_FOUND = 1

• INTERNAL_ERROR = 2

• NO_AUTHORIZATION = 3

• ERROR_IN_CONTEXT = 4

• USER_CANCELLED = 5

• ERROR_IN_TRANSPORT_REQUEST = 6

• OTHERS = 7

IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.

• MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

• WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

Regards

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

am confused by revathi

why do you call that FM in the code, you use the FM for translating your texts

let the framework do the magic

thanks for the OTR FM it's georgous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Goodday. As Martina said I created my otr text in online text repository and binded. Then in se37 i executed the function module sotr_api_wb_translation. I entered all parameters and executed. It showed a screen containing all translations. but when i saw under my package I didn't get the otr text which i created in online text repository. but i'm able to see all the text which i have typed in text property of all uielements. So can anyone say whats the problem is?

and another question is when i execute the function module and if i find otr text which i created in online text repository in the translations then what should i input in the input box under the text. please do reply me earlier. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gudday,

When u create OTR from your web dynpro program.....it automatically stores the OTR under the package in which your application is stored....so check whether your program is stored as local object or under package......

When u execute function module it will show the OTR and space below....there u enter the text of the target language...

Thanks,

Martina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

Thanks for ur reply. one more doubt. If we need to write the texts of the target language in the input box below the otr text then how will we know the text in target language? for example if the source language is english and target language is french and my otr text is 'click' then i need to change that to french while user logon in french. but how can i know the text in french to enter in the input box below otr text. please reply immediately.

Thanks,

Sudha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Thanks to Martina for clearing the doubts and I'm able to get the translations. I award you points. I have a doubt. We don't know other languages like german, french and so on except english. As we does not know the translated text in target language for otr text is there any dictionary maintained in sap system to show the translated text in different languages for english. So that it would be easy for us to find the target language text for the otr text. Please clear my doubt.