cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP DUMP:MEMORY LOW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While running a particular report ZMIS in my production server I am getting the following error.Well I also found this is coming for other reports also where we have to fetch data for 3-4 months.This is the dump I am getting

Note which actions and input led to the error.

For further help in handling the problem, contact your SAP administrator

You can use the ABAP dump analysis transaction ST22 to view and manage

termination messages, in particular for long term reference.

In the system profile, set the parameters

-abap/heap_area_dia and

-abap/heap_area_nondia

to a maximum of 1089891456. To be on the safe side, reduce the value by 10,000,

Then restart the SAP system.

I had added abap/heap_area_dia and

-abap/heap_area_nondia profiles and set them to 2GB. Also I had increased my abap/buffersize from 300MB to 400MB and restarted the server,still dump is coming.

I have even reported the error to SAP as asked by our implementation partner. SAP asked us to send the memory parameter. I asked SAP to please specify the name of the memory parameter and still waiting for their reply. If you know what memory parameter they are asking me to send it would be a great help.I checked in RZ11 and there are aroung 500 parameter and I guess they want me send the default values of these parameters.

Please suggest..

Regards,

vicky

Edited by: vicky singh on Jun 16, 2008 7:57 AM

Edited by: vicky singh on Jun 16, 2008 7:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky

More or less, low memory dump in a Z report would occur due to inefficient ABAP coding, which might pull a huge amount of data in one go.

Apart from message raised to SAP, I would suggest having look at all those Z reports and try to optimize code with some expert ABAPer.

Hope this would help in resolving the issue.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Thnx for your reply.SAP said:

The issue here is not parameters as such, it is the fact that you run

your SAP system on a 32bit CPU and this is the result of a lack of

address space for the process because of the 32bit CPU you have, there are some things that you can possibly do to help.

Do you know what are address space and how to increase it..?

Our server are installed on 32bit CPU. Do I need to install my server on 64bit CPU or some alternative solution exists..?

Obviously I am waiting for SAP reply before doing anything and reinstalling server now is not possible.

Please share some views..

Regards,

Vicky

dirk_huyghe
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

If you have memory problems, you should find in ST02 that your Extended Memory (EM) also has reached the maximum. By default EM is 4GB, used for all processes. Enlarge this only if you have enough RAM available. Use ST02 to find the extact parameters involved.

SAP uses first EM until it is full, then goes private with the params you mention.

Also, the program reads data into an internal table. Is it necessary? You should check with the author of the program. I would not accept that program on my production system.

Dirk

Answers (0)