cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of webservices using SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone let me know how to create web services using the new transaction SOAMANAGER. I have earlier used WSCONFIG & WSADMIN transactions but these seem to obsolete in the latest versions.

I have done the following steps so far

1. Create a function module with required parameters

2. Set the FM as RFC enabled and activated.

3. Created the webservice using the wizard in SE37

When i checked for the node for the webservice in SICF it was inactive. Hence i had right clicked and activated the service.

I have also checked the following blog,

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2008/01/27/new-service-definitions-in-the-abap-development-environment-soamanager-150-sap-nw-70-sp14

I navigated to the following path to test my webservice

Txn: SOAMANAGER->Business admin->web service admin-><Z* webservice>Apply selection->Open Web Service navigator for selected binding

When i try this i am getting an error "J2EE host or port not specified; define them under "System Settings"

Can someone let me know in identifying what i have missed out?

Also it would be great if someone can let me know the URL for SAP help documentation on SOAMANAGER. I am unable to locate it in SAP library.

Thanks,

Prasath N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you don't need the webservice navigator to activate a service or binding. it's just there to allow testing of the service if you have no other options. like the "webservice homepage" in WSADMIN the webservice navigator requires a J2EE instance up, running and configured.

the help pages for SOAMANAGER are to be found under [this general node|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9b/dad1ae3908ee44a5caf57e10918be9/frameset.htm].

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

J2EE host or port not specified; define them under "System Settings"

The above error will get resolve once you did the following settings.

1.Open SOAMANAGER

2.Click on the tab Technical configuration

3.select system global settings .

4.Now select the tab Access Information j2ee server.

5. There u mention the host and port and save it.

Now again u check it.u wont get that error.

With Regards,

Sudha S.