cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import masks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got this from help.sap.com . But with use of Import manger we can import the mask names.

Non-Main Table Imports

The MDM Import Manager can be used to import not only to the main table but also to the subtables of an MDM repository. However, there are several differences when importing to a subtable with respect to which fields require or permit optional value mapping and which fields must be used for record matching.

Note

For more information, see When Value Mapping Is Required, Value Mapping and Lookup Table Display Fields, and Record Matching and Lookup Table Display Fields.

Note

You cannot import to the Masks or Named Searches tables. is this means we cannot import records into a mask ?

Please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I have read this note on help.sap.com but it is possible to import the names of masks and named searches using Import Manager.

I achieved this successfully on MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch 2.

To import records in Mask Table, you will have to Value Mapping in Import Manager. Add the desired records as Child of the root named Masks in Destination Values.

Regards,

Kaushik Koli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Can you please explain step by step how you achieved uploading masking using import manager?

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

As per the Mask and named search fuctionality in MDM, Masks are static and Named searches are dynamic in nature.

If you are importing the records via import manager and those records fullfil the criteria for the named search which you have made in Data Manager, the records automatically will be added in the perticular Named Search but As per my knowledge, In case of Masks, you need to add record manually into the Masks.

I dont know exactly whether importing of Mask and named searches is possible or not. I think, currently it is not possible.Lets hope some comments from the experts.

But you can export the Mask, I mean to say when you archieve the repository then you will find a dialog, enter the name of archieve and there is a "option" button when you click on this then again you will find the selection dialog box, there you can select the perticul mask and can take archieve of that.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can imort the records of mask during Archive Repository.

Suposse you have 1000 of records in your Data Manager and you have one MASk name Say Mask1 which contain only 100 of records, so you want a repository having 100 of records only then Click on your Existing Repository having 1000 records, Right click on your Repository in MDM Console and select Archive Repository during Giving Archive Name, there is an Option Tab click on it then click on Radio Button Mask, it will display all the Masks in you repository, here you can select your Available masks Mask1 to Seletcted Masks, So this Archive contain only records corresponding to Mask1

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful......

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Jun 16, 2008 8:29 AM