cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived Roles in RE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where in the derived roles are created in Role Expert. I have a number close to 3000 roles to be derived according to company codes. Is there a simpler way to create in Role Expert? In SAP backend, we can use SECATT Scripts to create Derived Roles. How this could be achieved in RE?

Thanks

Sundaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RE does support the creation of DERIVED roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon. How do I create large number of derived roles in RE? For instance, I have a master role and need to create 100 derived roles. I am sure, this is possible in SAP Backend via ECATT Scripts but in RE how is this possible? I am thinking, I should create those Derived Roles in Backend SAP and do a mass upload in the RE.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sundaram

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is no way of creating a large number of derived roles in RE. Your suggestion was correct. Do it in the back-end and import them into RE...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur and Simon.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is mass derivation now possible and easier than using ECATT or LSMW with ERM SP7?

Thanks for your answers!

Sophie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A mass derived function is planned for a future release of GRC Access Control.

Currently, there are 2 alternate solutions:

1) Create the singe role, and derive the derived roles by clicking on the u2018Derive Roleu2019 button, OR

2) Group the company codes and create org value map and derive role using org value map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Can we create mass number of derived roles in RE? I assume using ECATT in Backend SAP will be lot easier.

Thanks

Sundaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think the better solution other than using secatt is :

1.) Create an LSMW for creating the derived roles(except for the organizational values) and then

2.) Ask one of your programmmer to create a program for assigning organizational values to your roles.

There can be lot of time saving via using this method than using secatt.

Regards,

Rajesh.