cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inco terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have been reading everywhere that incoterms is copied from sold to master record and is maintained under shipping tab in customer master. So if I maitain COL (collect) in customer master and I want to change it to 2DAY in sales order. It means customer is now asking for a 2DAY shipping, what partner functions are effect at this point and how? I am guessing if I am using company transportation then somehow the system needs to know that a 2DAY shipping charge needs to be sent to Bill to party, is this done in transportation? does it flow from delivery to shipment? does it take Carrier partner functions into consideration, to see who is actually doing the transportation?

And Incoterms is in 2 parts, Inco1 +2, what is the use of part 2? Can i use it to specify who is transporting or maybe some special instructions like should reach by 5:00 and make it print in output? Does the part 2 has any significance while pricing?

Edited by: Uma Kanth on Jun 15, 2008 7:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uma Kanth

If you make any changes in sale order, that changes will have impact only for that particular sale order.

With regard to Inco term2 usage, you can define / control your pricing based on this. Let us assume if your pricing condition type is PR00 which is based on inco terms, in V/07, you can define table nos.033 or 034 or 434

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I have 2 scenarios here, 1) Customer can use there own transportation 2) can use our transportation, it is only in second case that pricing applies and can vary based on service level(1 day, 2 day). Again my guess is incoterms (along with part 2 where I mention if it our company transport) needs to be captured while creating shipment so that I can apply the freight charge to customer invoice (which should flow from shippment costing document). Any suggestions?

Answers (0)