cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc structure problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using DEBMAS06 to send the data from R/3 to a legacy system using PI.The data sent will consist primarily of address and partner information extracted via IDOC based on configured change pointers. The change pointer settings in SAP R/3 will ensure that changed customer master records are included in the IDOCs sent out of R/3.

The problem is when there is a change in the KNA1 segment the Idoc doesn't come out with KNVP segment which has the partner roles. Is there any way to debug this problem without using User Exit.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For debugging the user-exit you can refer to below article.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/documents/popular-q-and-a/debugging-a-user-exit-or-program-3022

Gaurav Jain

Points if answer is helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look at the DEBMAS06 IDoc structure, the root segment E1KNA1M is mandatory. However, none of the customer master sale data (E1KNVVM) nor Master customer master partner roles (E1KNVPM), is mandatory.

Here is the catch how std SAP deals with change pointer.

First of all you need to mention the field names that will trigger the change pointer in txn BD52.

Again, even if you mention them, in test case, while you make change to the customer master data, if you do not make any change in the partner related data, the IDoc will not generate with any of E1KNVVM or E1KNVPM segment. Simply because they are not mandatory.

So it's a std SAP feature. If you have the reuirement so that each time you have to have the E1KNVPM segment, then you need to implement any EXIT or BADI and programatically populate the segment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

It started working without any User exit, I just re-entered the change pointer fields again and it started populating data with all the segments. I don't know how its working though anyways thanks all for reply s.

--

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the changes that you are trying for particular segment are not linking properly and the poutbound processing program is getting failed to process as per the given segment structure.

Please check the IDOC related settings and re-deploy the idoc segments.

see the below links

idoc settings /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

I'm not talking about Idoc hitting XI yet, when I make changes and check the segments using WE05. I can see one of the Idoc segment when there is a change. The partner function data is not being populated when there is a change in the KNA1 segment, but the vice versa works fine.

Edited by: Srinivas Davuluri on Jun 16, 2008 3:15 PM