cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:MB1C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get an error message " Posting period 006/2008 is not open" while using MB1C. I have tried using MMPV, but the error persists and I am unable to post stocks.

Let me know how to overcome this.

Thanks,

Amba Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you already checked MMPV, check the material master record to ascertain the current period.

In MM you are allowed to post entries for current period only.

For the material you are trying to post, check current period " Accounting view 1" in material master.

Let' say your current period in Material record is 02/2008.

Now, you have to set the current period to 06/2008 so that you could post entries in your MM record.

Go to MMPV and close the period's one by one like close the periods for 02/2008, then 03/2008 until you come to 06/2008.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

your period open is September and August.

SO try posting in the Same date.

or else.

Go to MMPV : and close the periods one by one to go to the Current period.

reward points if helpful,

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go to MMPV enter company code and todays date in date field and execute now try posting .

hopes it will work.

reward points if helpful

regards

chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl follw the steps

1.go to OX18, delete ur assignment of the plant from the company code.

2. go to OMSY , enter the year 2008. month 06. press enter.

system wl give u the req period.

3. again go to OX18 and assign ur plant to company code.

4. go to OMWD, enter valuatoin group 0001, in front of ur plant(valuation area)

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo,

You need to check your current period of your company code. Use transaction OMSY for the same, check for the current period of your company code, if it is 04 2008, you need to close the periods 05 and 06.

You can use transaction MMPV to close/open the periods. Input your company code, period as 06 year as 2008, execute. If it is succeful system will give message "company code converted". Remember, this need to be done statign from the next monthe your current period, and incremented by one.If you close 02 ,then you need to close 03, then 04...etc.

Prase