cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Routines in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

May I know about From Routines in Smartforms (which comes in Global Definitions). What is the Use of it. Hour to Use it.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank YOU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go through the link given below :

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVSCRSF/BCSRVSCRSF.pdf

Hope it will helpful to you.

Rewards if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nikunj shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You write your subroutines there. For ex if you have a table and u wanna print serial numbers for each row then u write a code for that text element, wherein everytime a new row is called the control goes to the subroutine and generates a new row number.

Reward if useful

Thanks

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Form routines in Global definitions of a Smart form can be used as normal Subroutines , which we use in our Executable/Include etc. Programs.

You can write a Form Statement in the global definations part and you can call it any where in the form by using Perform Statement.

Please let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this area is just the space to put your form routines. If you need to encapsulate a part of the coding to reuse it several times or just to structure the coding part of the global definitions you can create forms there. It does not differ from creating a form in an include or report. The routines should be available in coding steps, too, i think.

But i have to admit that if i need more complex coding in smartforms i usually put it into static methods of a class. This is easier for testing as i can run the coding separate from the form and it's possible to put breakpoints just using the editor instead of changing the code and wirte break-point into it (so no transport for bugtracking on QS / Prod). In addition it allows to develop the coding separate from doing the layout stuff.

Best Rgds.

Roman Weise