Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic assignment of style to SSF at runtime

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Today I assign a style to a smartform statically in form attributes. I don't assign styles to any subnodes.

Is it possible to make the assignment of style to the smartform dynamically at runtime?

Scenario: I have a requirement to translate a lot of smartform (maybe 100+) from English to Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian etc.

I'm in a Unicode environment and the translation itself seems to work quit simple, but there seems to be a major problem about the font.

In our smartforms we use smartstyles with 2 fonts helve and times. So far we have translated a few smartforms to Chinese with SE63. We have also translated some material texts and addresses and we have defined a test printer with device type CNSAPWIN.

Test prints now shows that we can print all the Chinese texts, but all the texts and numbers that is not translated into Chinese (i.e. quantity, price, net value etc.) is printed with a bigger font size.

Now this is a know problem discussed in more forum threads and OSS nodes, and the solution seems to be, to change the style to use special Chinese fonts and adjust the font size. We have tested this at it seems to solve the problem. But all the threads and notes discussing this issue is talking about "the English smartform" and u201Cthe Chinese smartform" and so on.

This is not very smart - we want to have only one dynamic form that dynamically change the style depending on printing language.

If you can suggest a completely other solution for my problem, that will also be very much appreciated. Will "cascading fonts" solve the problem?

Yours sincerely / Med venlig hilsen / 此致敬礼 / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Pozdrawiam

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge it is not possible to use styles dynamically ( with respect to the language). Create seperate forms and use seperate styles for each language.

Bye

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to change the font family of smartstyles. Yes, you are write... Uni-code enable printer cannot support Helve fonts we should use HELVECRYL (cyrillic fonts) else alignment of quantity, amounts all gets truncated.

Regards,

SaiRam

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

IknewitIknewitIknewit

I should never have switched from SAPScript to smartforms - there is nothing smart about it. =0)

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.