cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver, Bw and Hyperion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I´m a BW consultant now at banking industry.

I´m facing a problem with the end users, they don´t like the BW interface and they heard about Hyperion.

As i never used Hyperion, i tried to find something at SAP website, but i couldn´t find something usefull about this matter.

The documentation i found, it seems that Hyperion need netweaver to communicate with BW, is that correct?

Have anyone ever worked with Hyperion/BW?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Why don't you go for Visual Composer 6.0.

The disadvantage is that you can't create queries, but can use any existing query and display them in the way you want to, like using charts, etc.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted SAP and Hyperion to help me with this.

From SAP I had great help.They suggested the Web Application Designer(WAD), that is a BW tool (i never heard of it before), it´s very simple to use and the result is the same of the Hyperion tool.

From Hyperion i had the same great atention.They told me that for this matter the Hyperion Analyzer is the best tool for improve reports interface.It has a lot of features that WAD doesn´t have, but in my case WAD will be a great solution.

Well, that´s it!!

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chakrabarti, can you send the link again?It´s not working.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

check this one out:-

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/docu_nw_vc.htm

N.B. Please give me points if this reply satisfies your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need the portal if you wish to use VC. Think of NetWeaver not as something you can really implement but more like a roadmap to get to a service oriented architecture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric.

But, implement SAP Portal just to improove the reports, it seems to be too much ... but considering the idea, what else i could improove by implementing Portal?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could publish your reports directly to the portal and allow collaboration from there. You could use the web based query builder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chakrabarti, thanks for your answear.

To use visual composer, i need to implement portal, or just netweaver?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer can produce iViews that run on both SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP2 (Patch 4 and above) as well as SAP NetWeaver ’04 SP Stack 05 and above.

Now it's ur choice.........

check out this link....

http://infva02691.vshodc.lntinfotech.com/VCServer/csh/en/00/0A8340D990CE62E10000000A155106/frameset....

Thank you.