cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver BW and Hyperion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I´m a BW consultant now at banking industry.

I´m facing a problem with the end users, they don´t like the BW interface and they heard about Hyperion.

As i never used Hyperion, i tried to find something at SAP website, but i couldn´t find something usefull about this matter.

The documentation i found, it seems that Hyperion need netweaver to communicate with BW, is that correct?

Have anyone ever worked with Hyperion/BW?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i never used Hyperion, i tried to find something

at SAP website, but i couldn´t find something usefull

about this matter.

Well, you'd rather go to Hyperion web siste and search for SAP...

The documentation i found, it seems that Hyperion

need netweaver to communicate with BW, is that

correct?

As far as I know, BW and Hyperion are very overlapped. So you'd better try to convince your users BW is nice! And regarding the need of NW for connecting the two systems, well, my answer could be negative: BW is part of NetWeaver, so it depends on which component of NW you are talking about. You could get a good and trendy connection between the two systems via XI, for instance.

Hope this helps you.

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted SAP and Hyperion to help me with this.

From SAP I had great help.They suggested the Web Application Designer(WAD), that is a BW tool (i never heard of it before), it´s very simple to use and the result is the same of the Hyperion tool.

From Hyperion i had the same great atention.They told me that for this matter the Hyperion Analyzer is the best tool for improve reports interface.It has a lot of features that WAD doesn´t have, but in my case WAD will be a great solution.

Well, that´s it!!

Thanks for your help.