Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post multiple IDOCs from a single inbound file

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have an inbound file with a single record structure. Each record has a field "DocumentNumber". There may be multiple records with the same DocumentNumber. The Document Number will increment to 2, 3 etc. Each set of records with the same DocumentNumber relates to a single IDOC that I want to post.

IE

1, various fields <- IDOC 1

1, various fields <- IDOC 1

2, various fields <- IDOC 2

2, various fields <- IDOC 2

3, etc

I plan to use the BPM to split (transform) the file message into multiple IDOCs, using a message mapping defined in the Designer. I have done all this, and defined my Source Message as Single Occurrence (1) and my Target Message as 1:Unbounded. I therefore have a mapping within the target "Message1" structure.

Can anybody tell me how to define my mapping flow to create a new target structure IDOC when the DocumentNumber field increments? I was wondering about "createif" where DocumentNumber <> a global field set tot he previous value....

Any help would be very much appreciated.

JW

jaimewood@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont need to do a BPM for this.

Edit the IDoc XSD and make it multiple IDocs as mentioned in OSS Note 814393.

In your mapping create one IDoc per occurance of the document number.

Regards

Shravan

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shravan

Thanks for your response. I have already done your suggestion RE the OSS Note.

What I need to know is how to make the mapping create one IDOC per occurrence of the DocumentNumber....remember that I want to create one IDOC per set of DocumentNumbers, as described above.

Thx

J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Still having trouble with this if anyone has a suggestion.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

first you have to change the occurens - look in this Blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Mapping - you need to use node funktions if you use graphical mapping (f.e. SplitByValue, CerateIf and so on)

Good for that is this blog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

If you need more - keep on asking

Regards Matt