cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDK for .NET Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently going through the installation process of PDK for .NET. I have installed MS Visual Studio, SAP Portal Add-In and SAP Portal Runtime on my laptop. The next step outlined is to install the Java - .NET Interoperability framework by deploying two Software Delivery Archive (SDA) to SAP Portal which are provided in the installation package. Based on section 4.3 in the installation guide, the steps are as follows:

-

1. Log on to the portal host.

2. Change to the <sdm_home> directory. The <sdm_home> directory matches the directory sdm/program in the installation of your SAP Web Application Server directory.

3. Start SDM GUI in remote mode with the start script RemoteGui.bat (Windows host) or RemoteGui.sh (UNIX host).

4. Log on to SDM GUI.

5. In the Deployment tab of Software Deployment Manager:

a. Click either the icon Add SCAs/SDAs to Deployment List (Local File Browser) or Add SCAs/SDAs to Deployment List (Server Side File Browser), depending on the location of the SDA files.

b. Browse to the location of the following SDA files and add them to the deployment list:

• com.sap.portal.dotnet.framework.sda

• com.sap.portal.dotnet.services.systems.sda

c. Follow the instructions to deploy these files to the portal.

6. After the deployment of the SDA files, restart the portal.

-

Based on the instructions above, can you please advice the following:

Can I perform these operations on the Portal Sandbox environment using Content Administrator Role and System Administrator Role?

I do not see any options for <sdm_home> directory and am unsure on how to perform activities such as "Start SDM GUI in remote mode with the start script RemoteGui.bat (Windows host) "

Are these Basis activities? If yes, what are the tools, access rights and environmnet required to perform these activites?

Do you have any other step-by-step guides on performing these activities?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Aniruddh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniruddh,

for full information on SDM check the help portal at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/a7663bb3808c1fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm, or

help.sap.com/nw04 -> SAP NetWeaver 04 (English) -> Application Platform -> Java Technology in SAP Web Application Server -> Development Manual -> Deployment: Putting It All Together -> Software Deployment Manager

HTH

Regards,

Anne