cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicators of a BAD system performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a general question, what is the indication of a terrible system performance as example I am seeing high swaps in ST02 etc so how will this effect the look and feel of the system? I know that we can see through statistics if the values are not good but how will I indeed feel that when I use the system?

Thanks,

jennah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you know the network in working fine...According to you, all the things in SAP application are working fine...and you think all the things are ok from my side....

The users call you for these:

-- The system was working nice but now my work is hampered, its taking long time to execute.

-- I am not able to generate my report which was fine perviously.

-- Even users are not able to login.

-- Short dumps increases due to memory issues.

-- At high load time on system, people cries for system performance.

-- Like these....

Then you have to look at the performance issues.

Here are some ways to look at these issues:

-

A few step which you can exercise to sort/identify performance issues.

• ST03, ST02, ST04 are the tcode for workload, tuning and DB Performance Monitoring codes.

• ST06 FOR Operation System Monitoring.

• SM51 OR SM50 is process overview which tells you the workprocess sequence. ( Ideally 10-15 process with OLTP and batch process scheduled at peak and off peak times respectively) say 8-17 hrs and 17-8 hrs for Batch Process)

Operation Mode can be configured in RZ04 tcode.

• Check for top CPU in ST06 tcode. CPU should not exceed more than 60% for long time for any process.

• Based of No. of instances ( Application Servers ) should have adequately sized.

• Most resources intensive process have to be scheduled in Batch Process ( in Background in Non Peak Hours )

• Look for unnecessary Jobs Active During Prime Time

• Look for Parameters Set To Your Business Process.

( RZ10, RZ11 ) Check Snote:0124361

-