Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of namespace to different Software Component

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have designed a interface in test software componet now i need to export to another software componet in the same system. i mean in development system onley,,

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the Namespace With in the Same SWCV

If we want to copy the namespace with in the same SWCV means create the new Namespace & we have to copy the Objects Individually. And Change the Namespace in newly copied Message Type with new Namespace. So that this will reflect in MM. select the new Message type in the new message mapping. Otherwise Error may come.

Copy the Namespace Between Two SWCV

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/content.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow like this

Select your component(which you want to export) --> Right click and say Copy --> Then it asks the Name at target side and name space of target and software component version of target, you give this details and say Copy.

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is possible onley for all objects but nor for namespace..

check that ,, i need for namespace...

give me any more ideas..

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow my reply very well

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I think you can achieve it adding the namespaces manually (exactly the same name) to the other SWCV. And then proceed to Release Transfer (Tools menu) from the source SWCV to the target one.

Regards,

Paco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing, i dont think you can do a copy object of the namespaces from one software component to another.If your intention is to copy the objects under it, you will have to individually do a copy object of each of the objects and there provide the Software component and the namespace to which you want it to be copied to...

Now its not as simple as this... There are a few issues that you might face doing the same... Now imagine you delete the message type or Data Type in the old namesapce... Then your copied objects which is actually refering to the objects in that old namespace will give error mesages... But you have workarounds to solve this also though..

Thanks

Vikranth