cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mix B2B and A2A in integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI experts,

I'm trying to build an integration scenario in the repository that I want to import later on into the directory for automatic configuration.

The scenario is HTTP -> XI -> RFC. On the sender side I would like to use a business service, so I selected 'External party with B2B communication' for the sending application component. On the receiver side I would like to use a SAP business system, so I didn't select that option there.

Now, if I import into the directory, this doesn't work as expected. I can select my business service for the sender side, this works. However, for the receiver side I always have to specify a virtual receiver service and my receiver determination and interface determination are created with a virtual receiver service in it.

Is there any way to avoid the virtual receiver? Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>On the sender side I would like to use a business service, so I selected 'External party with B2B

No need of this,simply select Business service without party.

>>Is there any way to avoid the virtual receiver?

Virtual receiver is only required in case of B2B scenarios.Since you don't want to expose your whole landscape to the external business partner you design a virtual receiver and internally this receiver is mapped to one/several actual receivers,hence the name virtual receiver.

Your scenario is not B2B,its an A2A scenario(HTTP or SOAP are not B2B adapters)simply define a business service without party for sender and business system without party for receiver system.

Don't give virtual receiver anywhere.

Thanx

Aamir

B2B adapters are Seeburger,RNIF,CIDX,Adeptive etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aamir,

you are right, I don't need virtual receivers for my scenaro and I also don't want to use them.

However, when modelling my scenario with an integration scenario in the design, I'm forced to do this and I would like to know whether there is any way to avoid this.

In order to be able to use a business service on the sender side, it seems I have to select the checkbox 'External party with B2B communication' in my integration scenario. When importing & configuring the scenario in the directory, I am then able to select by business service for the sender side. However, for the receiver side I have to specify a virtual receiver, otherwise I cannot finish the config wizard.

Any more ideas?

Best regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working with Integration Scenario

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ec/21ee117a909f44a8b69794b9ed6221/frameset.htm

Regards

Seshagiri