SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM problem in STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have this case which i am not able to understand.

We are working in IS Retail. We have a article for which all 4 UOM's (Base, Order, delivery & sales) in article master is maintained as EA. Also there is a conversion maintained as 1 CAR = 150 EA, but it is not selected for any of the UOM's in basic data of article master. But when we are trying to create a STO, the ordering unit comes out to be CAR. Have checked in the additional data also,the data is maintained in 2 lines, first line is 1 ea = 1 ea and second line is 1 car = 150 EA. Does this has any role to play?

Also, the Order unit has changed from CAR to EA yesterday, but when i am trying to create a PO today, it is giving the Unit as CAR.

Kindly let me know, how is the order unit picked up in an STO and also what could be reason for the problem above??

Thank you all in Advance...

Full points to be rewarded for every helpful anwers...

Regards,

Vinod Kapote.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you keep Variable Ordering unit flag blank in Info Record/Basic view, then orders will always be generated in Ordering Unit. You may check this flag.

Thanks,

Venu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you keep Variable Ordering unit flag blank in Info Record/Basic view, then orders will always be generated in Ordering Unit. You may check this flag.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

UOM in STO is determined as sequence from info record to material master Unit of Issue (Plant/Stor 1 view). So if there is a info record for this material and purch. org then the system will first use the order unit from info record. If there is no info record then the system will try to get the unit of issue from material master in plant/stor1 view. If both of them are not maintained, then it will use base UOM ea. Hope this will help you.