cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install seperate DB for ABAP and seperate DB for JAVA for (ABAP+JAVA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I install ABAP stack on one server with one DB, and the Java stack on the same server with another DB fir (ABAP+JAVA) system. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Can I install ABAP stack on one server with one DB, and the Java stack on the same server with another DB fir (ABAP+JAVA) system. Please suggest.

You are mixing up technical terms:

An ABAP+JAVA system has one database with 4 database scheme's

For example

Abap has scheme SAPSR3 and SAPSR3DB

Java has scheme SAPSR4 and SAPSR4DB

What you are talking about is installing an ABAP stack with it's own database and a JAVA stack with it's own database, on the same server, which is possible.

You will have two different SID's, for example ABAP system will be called EA1 and JAVA system will be called EA2 each with it's own database.

If this is possible to implement depends on the usage type of your installation, for example usage type BI (business intelligence) can be configured using an ABAP only system and a Java only system.

You would install usage type BI, EP, EP core on your JAVA instance and then install BI_CONT addon in your ABAP system.

There are usage types however which require both ABAP and JAVA stack in the same system, so one SID (ABAP+JAVA + DB). So it depends on what you want to implement.

You can find information on restrictions, dependencies and usage types in the SAP installation master guide.

<removed_by_moderator>

Kind regards

Tom

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 7, 2008 1:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

It is Technically possible to combine ABAP and ABAP+JAVA on one server with two seperate database,,,,.

If you can elobarate what exactly is your reuirement , I will be able to throw more light on this.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

We have similar Scenario :

ABAP with XYZ SID with it's own Db, JAVA with ABC Sid with it's Own Db.

Having two Different SIDs for ABAP and JAVA ..what exactly it takes to make these both stack communicate with each other

in a same way as if they would be if having Common SID and Common Db ?

What are the Config Steps We need to Achieve This.

Your Help is highly Appreciated and <removed_by_moderator>

Many Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

- Ishan

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 5, 2008 9:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think database always should be one if possible also there will be performance issue

Regards,

Ramesh.B