cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISL and Product Substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to have Product substitutions in case MISL is not able to confirm any single location for complete delivery.

If you select switching off preselection in MISL rule you can continue with RUle Based CHeck. Does this mean that in case MISL doesn't confirm a single location, then using RUle sequencing, we can make substitutions? IN SAP Help i read that Product substitution, location determination etc do not work with MISL.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajiv,

It's possible. GATP gives you an option for taking action in case MISL cannt find single location for all product substitutions. One option being to go to normal Rule based ATP and second is suspend further action.

Regarding Help doc, it means that Location determination activity isn't possible.It means, location subst is possible but MISL doesnt work with Activity where you mention means of transport, stck. transport allowed, production etc.

However, I think if MISL doesnt fullfill the criteria, while evaluating Rule Based ATP, location determ. activity is still evaluated.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have set up my scenario this way:

Two products at two locations

1. When i go with MISL rule alone with action after misl being "preselection inactive continue with RBATP"

MISL works fine. ALso in case MISL fails, with the help of location determination rule supply can be confimrmed from both the locations together.

2. Now i try to go further and want that product substitution should happen if MISL fails. So i create rule sequence with MISL rule as step 1 and Product substitution rule as step 2.

But the product substitution happens without checking MISL possibility at all locations in the list.

Is there some other setting which is required?