Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling upload of new docu in a task when phase i locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In cProjects,

We have a requirement wherein the user wants to upload documents in a task whose phase is having a status locked-released.

Currently the 'New Document' button in the Documents tab is appearing as diabled when the corresponding phase is locked-released.

Is there any configuration changes which we can make so that a user is able to add new documents in a task whose phase is released-locked.

Regards,

Simmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Simmi,

(assuming you refer to cProjects 4.0)

this behaviour is due to the hierarchical nature of the project elements and how the statuses are inherited. The tasks of the locked phase are effectively locked as well (in all but the status). Therefore, no changes are possible for those tasks, including the upload of documents. What you might try is something with user-status and/or field-control.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Thomas.

Can you please elaborate on what can be done for user-status and field control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also for a task whose status is set to 'Complete' we are unable to upload any document. The user does not want to roll back the complete status and add a document and then again set the status back to complete. Hence i was searching for some configuration through which this can be achieved.

Any pointers will be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Simmi

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What I wanted to say with user-status/field-control, is the following:

create some user-status (e.g. myLock) and adapt the field-control to react to this status such that the input fields of phases in this status are greyed out.

Hoping, this is clearer.

Best regards,

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Berndt on Jun 23, 2008 2:18 PM