cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Held Shopping Cart Process

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 4.0. We have had this situation in the past and normally users don't like my answer. But, I'm hoping that someone else may have come up with a solution and can share it.

A user creates a cart and places it on hold. They are the creator and recipient. Someone else wants to pull up the cart so that it can be ordered. How can they go about doing this? Normally, this would be necessary if the creator is out of the office.

Do I have any ability as the WF administrator to take that cart and give it to someone else to complete the process?

Monique Stephens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephens

You can find the held shopping carts through monitor shopping cart by searching through "Creater ID field".

If you have the proper authorization even you can order the shopping cart which is on held status.

Other than this there is no other way to track the Held status shopping carts.

Once order is placed then only workflow will trigger, so we can found the details through swia.

Through SWIA we can resubmit the cart to another approver through "redirect" for approval or even we can complet the cart approval through "complete manually" option. Before shopping cart is created all these are not possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Krish

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can see the cart through the monitor shopping cart transaction. However, I don't know what type of authority you are talking about to order the cart in place of the creator or recipient.

I was actually able to transfer the held cart to the approver through SWI1. I found the workitem ID by first going into BBP_PD. Even though the cart was on hold, it was given a workitem ID.

I then went into SWI1, entered the ID, and clicked on "Complete Wait" in the container. This sent the cart to the approver. While the cart was in the approver's inbox, when they pulled it up, the approve/reject buttons were not there. This allowed the approver to make the necessary changes, and order the cart. Then, they were able to approve the cart since it did not leave their inbox after they made the changes.

Obviously, I don't know if this is the proper way of doing things. But, until another solution (upgrade) is available, this seemed to work out pretty well. And the user was happy that they did not have to re-enter the cart.

I'm hoping that one of the new features in SRM 7.0 will also include the ability to approve/change carts created by users that have been terminated. This is an ongoing problem for us without any good solution.

Monique Stephens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Why does 1 user put the cart on hold and then a different user wants to order it?

Just thinking there may be something else that can be changed to get what you need.

Regards,

Dave.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In this particular situation, the creator put it on hold and did not complete the process for various reasons (budget, incomplete data, etc.). Then, the department is trying to get the cart ordered before it is too late. The creator is not in for some reason or another (out of the office, sick, vacation).

Obviously, I do not want to do this too often. It was just a particular situation where the cart needed to be ordered right away and the creator was out.

Monique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When creator itself put the cart on hold, why dont you question them why others want to order the cart.

If they want it, ask them to create a new one. Actually your requirement is against the standard practice.

Just inform them that it is not possible and againt the SAP standard practice. Ask them them to create a new requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Krish

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is not my place to question the customer. If they need the items ordered quickly and the creator is out, I will do anything in my power to make the customer happy. It is not feasible to ask someone to recreate a cart that may be many lines long. It is usually the approve of the cart that is asking that the cart be processed.

Prior to SRM, our users were creating PO's. Even if the PO was on hold, someone else with authorization was able to go into that PO and send it through. This same kind of logic should be in the shopping cart world as well.

It sounds like this will be possible in SRM 7.0.

Monique

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are just wasting the time here. This functionality is not available in SRM4.0 or SRM5.0. Even if you are able to forward it using the WF Trx, it merely moves the WI not the SC. SC's are strictly subject to BP's not the actual user who is creating it.

Regards, IA

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That may be true. However, the process I took worked.

I would like to thank everyone for their comments. Obviously, this is not a process I like to do but it was easier to do this than explain to the users that they would have to recreate the carts. I don't plan on doing this on a regular basis (should only be done for special circumstances).

I look forward to upgrading to SRM 7.0 in the future and hope we will have some better features for our users.

Monique

Edited by: Monique Stephens on Jun 16, 2008 10:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use SWIA to push carts from one user to another but i am not sure if that is applicable in this case also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monique,

I am sorry to mention here that desired functionalities are not available till SRM 7.0 . It is called "Team Purchasing" in the SRM 7.0 where one shopping cart can be processed by another users as well.

If a shopping cart is Held, workflow is not triggered and hence you can't process thru SWIA. Unfortunately, you have to create new SC till it is available in SRM 7.0

Thanks,

Ajay