cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo password encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how does JCo transmit user/password during logon to SAP? Are they encrypted?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JCo should rely on the relevant rfclib, which is OS specific, librfc32.dll for Win32.

So I think you should look for documentation regarding the native lib, rather than JCo.

And anyway SNC could be another intereseting topic if encryption is what you need.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I haven’t find librfc32.dll documentation regarding this question.

But independent from librfc32.dll the receiving SAP System has to deal with an encrypted password. So I think SAP should have the answer to that question.

My network sniffer didn’t detected the password, but the username, so I suppose there is an encryption. But how strong is that; more than Base64?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andreas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas Meinel

At this point i do not have much idea about this. I will update if I come across any info.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

JCo has a class called Codesc.class using which you can do a Base64 encryttion. Further if you are using Java 1.4 then you can find sunjce_provider.jar which is mainly used for cryptographic purposes. Probably JCo should be using any of these, but I am not very sure.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

thanks for your answer.

The receiving SAP System has to deal with an encrypted password. So I think SAP should have the answer to that question.

My network sniffer didn’t detected the password, but the username, so I suppose there is an encryption. But how strong is that; more than Base64?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andreas