cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material exclusion question???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guyz,

I have a material X which exist is plant A and extended to plant B, also we have a material exclusion record set up for this material based on customer(Y) /division (10)/Plant 1..

this customer is also extended to plant 2, now when I am creating a sales order using customer Y and material X in a different sales area(division 20).i am still getting an exclusion error,even though there is not any exclusion record exist for division 20.

But in this case both customer and material are extended in both plants 1 & 2 and division 10 & 20. Please advise how can plant 2 sell this material to this customer and also can we change this hard error messege to a warning messege in order to bypass this message,if yes how can I change it.

Look forward for your earliest reply

Thanks.

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here item is excluded at division level but the sales order is created at different division, I was wondering even if the sales order has different division it is still getting excluded, one division doesn't want to sell this material and set up the exclusion but the other division wants to sell it. How can I achieve this please advise.thanks.

mike

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mike

Go to OVSU, select 01 (if not created, create now) and click on blue lens on top so that you will see some list of tabs. In that maintain "B" against the field "Block for order" field and assign this 01 in material master for the field "DChain-spec. status" under Sales: Sales Org.Data 1 tab. Now that particular material, for that particular Distribution Channel, sale order cannot be created.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where did you maintain the exclusion indicator?

As the customer is maintained at the company code level, the exclusion block will effect all the plants in that company code. So there is no way to reach you need. You can do one thing, if u r trying to stop the material not to go to a particular Sales area, do not maintain it to that area.

Reward if helpful..

Regards,

Bhushan