cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit to Order on EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checking the process flows on help.sap.com I found the following description of the flow:

<< 1. You create a sales order with a kit header in ERP.

2. The system explodes the bill of materials of the kit header and creates new items for the components.

3. The system copies the kit header and all kit components into the outbound delivery that was created for this sales order.

4. You save the outbound delivery.

5. The system sends the outbound delivery to EWM. This is where the kit components are picked and the kit is assembled.

6. In EWM, you post a goods issue that is confirmed to ERP by the system.

7. ERP then posts the goods issues for the components, as well as goods receipt and goods issue for the kit if required.>>

My question is in ERP are we able instead of posting goods issue for all the components, can we post (only) for the kit description? My question is to undestand if PP is still required for a simple transformation task of kit components.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EWM process Kit to order, the posting of components of kit is mandatory.

Regarding kit header posting we tested 2 variants:

a. if we defined kit header as non valuated material, while doing goods issue in EWM, in ERP accounting note only components were reflected. This is the variant we adopted because this way we could see kit header on papers and components in accounting.

b. if kit header is also a valuated material, the material master value is used for both receipt (521) ang goods issue (601) movements in ERP. Considering the fact that both movements were recorded in one accounting note, the result was not so good for our accounting persons.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I´m working at kit to order using a vas order, which is created automatically, do you know how is the structure of packaging specification? are content and condition technique for header item only? is the VAS relevance for item type OKM only?

Best regards

Carlos Lebit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here in the scenario you mention you are doing inhouse activity of Kit assembling so it will be good to have PP as it is an inhouse activity. The other integration points look OK to me as far as Goods issue and GR are concerned

Please let me know if you need any more info or need any clarification

thanks