Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 3.5 Custom Auth Objects - unable to perform drilldown

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have recently created a custom authorisation object within BW3.5 to restrict on BCS Profit centres.

The object contains fields BCS_PRCTR & TCTAUTHH

Having created a series of hierarchies to segregate the access to specific profit centers, I have now found that it is not possible to perform a drill down by Profit centers within the report results in the Bex Analyser.

When looking at the Authorisation Check log, the system asks for * for the BCS_PRCTR despite having the associated profit centres restricted in the hierarchy.

If you select the filter values and then drill down it is possible but the system does not seem to recognise the restriction from the initial query parameters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Did you link the authorization object you created with the appropriate infoprovider?

also, did you create a authorization definition fr hierarchies in RSSM?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Did you link the authorization object you created with the appropriate infoprovider?

also, did you create a authorization definition fr hierarchies in RSSM?

0 Kudos

JAI,

Thanks for your response! I have linked the appropriate objects and hierarchies in RSSM.

It is strange because the restrictions work when trying to select the filter values on the key characteristics but it will not drill down directly using the existing restrictions stipulated in the query. Only at this point does the trace file claim to need *.

Simon