Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Fields and Tabs

Denis_Müller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

we have a requirement to hide some fields and tabs in cProjects 4.0

I tried to hide the fiels and tabs but in some cases i didn't find a way to hide them.

Fields are:

- In the Tab "Status" the field "status scheme"

- Some fields of the tab "general" (ressources)

Tabs are:

- In the Tab "Ressources" the tabs "notice", "tasks" and "documents"

Warning:

I can't use the sap-config-mode because we need to specify by the project type!!!

I hope you can help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the issue your are facing exactly? If it deals with the project type, it's possible to code specific conditions to hide fields/tabs. For instance, you can say: for project type A only, we hide fields status scheme and the tab documents.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I´ve also implemented this BADI and it works fine so far. But now I want to create dependencies.

I want to hide different tabs on task level for different task types.

How can I read the task type for the selected element? I tried it with classes cl_dpr_task->get_task_type( ).

and also with cl_dpr_task_o->get_task_type( ). But I always get Null exceptions.

Any Ideas?

Kind regards and thanks for advice.

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

can somebody tell me how to read the project type or task type from the selected element?

Thaks,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

To hide fields, you can use the field control functionality. Please have a look to the Note 947936: it explains how to set up a custom field control, and how to implement customer conditions on fields.

Then, to hide tabs depending certain conditions, I advise to use the Business Add-In DPR_DETAIL_TAB_CTRL. You can implement your own Badi and decide to hide some tabs.

BR

Matthias

Denis_Müller
Participant
0 Kudos

I read this note and implement it but i have some problems (in the first post) which i can't solve with the standard sap techniques.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cProjects 4.0 you can hide the TAB OR Field by selecting the particular element and right click will give you option User setings--> Hide tab/ Field.

You can restore back by right click and restore invisible element.

Regards,

Karan Hon,

If useful award..

Denis_Müller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i can't use this because i need to specify it by project type.

In one project type the fields must be hidden and in one project type the user need the field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not Project type specific. It is User specific setting. If one user hide that then it will not visible to him but other can see the same field.

Regards,

Karan Hon.

Award if useful..

Denis_Müller
Participant
0 Kudos

i know what you mean.

i'm not able to use your way.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

You can create an enhancement on the stabdard views that you need to change and code the visibilty depending on project type in the pos-exit of wddomodify

Regards,

Reema.