Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SXMB_ADM] Logging of asynchronous messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in Tcode SXMB_ADM the parameter LOGGING is set to 0. Means, no

asynchronous logging happened.

Now, the development did a test and send 1000 IDOCS (asynchronous).

Normally in sxmb_moni I would only see if some of these IDOCs runs on

an error or would I even didn't see this with LOGGING = 0 ?

I confused because of entries in sxmb_moni. 3 IDOCs messages had been

protocolled although there is no error. why?

Is there is no way to recognize 1000 messages had been send if LOGGING=0?

(Some transaction for counting messages without logging details for example)

thanks.

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if the parameter LOGGING is set to value 0 you would still be able to see the asynchronous messages. My guess is the idocs have not reached XI server at all. Check SM 58 transaction in R/3.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why I should be able to see asynchronous Messages? I think I turn them off if I set this parameter to 0?!?!

The IDOCs have reached the target system, so I think it must have passed ths XI.

thanks

chris

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

LOGGING

Meaning

The parameter LOGGING enables you to locally activate the logging of asynchronous messages for all pipelines of an Integration Engine.

If logging is deactivated, you can reactivate it for particular pipeline services by using the corresponding subparameters. You can select the relevant pipeline services from the input help. Logging of the asynchronous message takes place after the service has been executed.

You can also reactivate logging by using a message. In this case the logging tag in the diagnostic header of the message must be set to 1.

Usage

You set this parameter when you want to analyze message processing as it enables you to document either individual steps or all steps in a pipeline.

Parameter TRACE_LEVEL

Meaning

The parameter TRACE_LEVEL enables you to locally set the trace level for all pipelines in an Integration Engine.

However, the diagnostic header of a message can specify the trace level at which it is to be processed. Runtime then uses the higher of the local trace level and the message trace level.

Usage

You set this parameter when you want to analyze message processing as it enables you to document either individual steps or all steps in a pipeline.

Possible Values

0 Trace deactivated

1 Document important processing steps

2 Document important processing steps and details

3 Document all processing steps and details

Refer this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/49543b1e49bc1fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful