Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2005 fixed memory

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have SAP 47X200 on SQL2005 64-bit installed on Windows enterprise edition X64.

I have installed database software using SQL4SAP.vbs as decrived in the installation guide : all OK , all work fine.

But , I want to use SQL 2005 with fixed memory as descrived in the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191144.aspx

but in the server page proprierties box Memory i don't have the flag box Dynamic memory configuration but only Minimum server memory and Maximum server memory : if I set this two last value the same , the minimum server memory real is under this parameter.

So anyone know whi ? How to set fixed server memory ? Whi I don't have this flag?

thks Antonio Voce

Reward point for you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look under other memory options.

select index creation memory =0

0 = dynamic memory.

regards,

kaushal

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I set as you tell and now in database server proprierties under memory box i have this value :

Minimum server memory : 12000

Maximum server memory : 12000

Index creation memory : 12000

I have rebooted the server , starded SAP but in st04 I still see that the database memory is dynamically assigned :

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3054.00 (X64) ##M Enterprise Edition

Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Database R3A Schema r3a Time of analysis 13.06.2008 16:38:46

DB Server SAPPONE DB startup 06/13/2008 16:35:38

CPUs available for SQL Server 16 of 16 Physical memory MB 32.765

Trace flag SAP release 620

Memory Usage

Current memory KB 600.320 Total SQL connections 61

Maximum memory KB 12.288.000 R/3 connections 60

Memory setting RANGE Free pages 675

Procedure cache KB 58.163 Data cache size KB 534.274

hit ratio % 87 hit ratio % 93

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using min server memory to guarantee a minimum amount of memory available to the buffer pool of an instance of SQL Server. SQL Server will not immediately allocate the amount of memory specified in min server memory on startup. However, after memory usage has reached this value due to client load, SQL Server cannot free memory from the allocated buffer pool unless the value of min server memory is reduced.

SQL Server is not guaranteed to allocate the amount of memory specified in min server memory. If the load on the server never requires allocating the amount of memory specified in min server memory, SQL Server will run with less memory.

check following

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178067.aspx

regards,

kaushal

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Now I understand !

As always thank you very much for exaustive answer !

Se you soon .

Antonio Voce.

Answers (0)