cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoints not published in Service Registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have published all the Enterprise services from the Discovery system(ECC) and they are available within the service registry.

But somehow the endpoints are not published to the Service Registry because of which I am not able to consume the services for UI development in VC.

I have the following concerns :

1) The ES are being tested successfully but not being sure why the endpoints were not published when the Services were published from the Discovery System.

2) Can we forcefully create the endpoints in the Service Registry. If so, plz let me know the procedure.

3) SP13 is applied on Discovery System, so I am not able to execute TCode SOAMANAGER to create Endpoints, so is there any other alternative, other than upgrading ECC to SP14.

Points will be rewarded for any help

Regards Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member271246
Participant
0 Kudos

I know this might be a little late but the ID you have in your SM59 entry to connect to the SR of PI has to have the UDDI UME roles assigned to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you have released the Web Service for SOA Runtime in the trasanction code WSCONFIG and then activate ICF path for that Web service. Re-publish the service in WSPUBLISH, check "Force publication" and select "Sevice definiton and endpoints".

Hope it helps.

julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I have released the services, yet I cant see the endpoints.

These are the steps I have performed

i. Initial setup of functional unit SLD.

ii. Configuration of Service Registry Webservice Destination.

iii. Configuration of ESR in CE.

Import of XI Content in Enterprise Service Builder from the SAP Marketplace.

Released the Services.(Instead of using WSCONFIG using which I could only release one service at a time, I have used the Program rswsconfig in SE38)

So in WSCONFIG I do see the Released Web Services.

And then published the services using TCode WSPUBLISH

Even after publishing, the state of my services is

Configured

and not

Activated/Deployed

But even then the problem persists.

So

Is there any other reason due to which the endpoints are not published.

Also can I solve this problem by using the TCode SOAMANAGER ??

Thanks for all the help given so far.

Regards,

Brian Fernandes

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure that your system is at least SAPKB70015 or else apply the sap note 1113162. Try search for sap note with "WSPUBLISH" as keyword, may have some discoveries

hope this helps.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Done that..

Nothing happened.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default, once you have published ES successfully, you should have endpoint created for the given service definition, without manually creating it at SOAMANAGER (hint for you).

Btw, what is your error message in WSPUBLISH?

p/s: you should see the following message text, eg, "Service Definition XXXXX published successfully in Service Registry" and "Endpoint published: SD: XXXX ......", if WSPUBLISH has no error.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case, even the status of the service in SR is "configured", it's still working. Just apply the following steps:

1) Create end point at SOAMANAGER -> business administration -> web service administration -> search service -> click on the service and apply selection -> Configuration -> Create service name, eg "XXXXXXX_SERVICE" -> end point, eg "XXXXXX_SOAPBinding" -> select Username/password as logon -> save.

2) Since you already have published that service in the SR, remove it before republish. To remove the service, go to http://host:port/index.html -> UDDI client -> Publish (login as Administrator) -> retrieve my tmodel -> select the service -> delete.

3) Republish your service in WSPUBLSH. Make sure select "force publication".

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have managed to configure the ESR and am able to create one endopint.

But I am still not able to create more endpoints ,,

I get the following error.. when I publish the service

"Save request exceeded the quantity limits for a given structure type.

#Number of Business Entities exceeds your limit of 1 (2) "

I did get a similar error before

"Save request exceeded the quantity limits for a given structure type.

#Number of TModels exceeds your limit of 100 (101) "

Is there some setting I need to change.

All I can think of is, that TModels and Business Entities are present in the UDDI Client, so is there some setting to be done there ?

Can anyone please help me with this ??

Thanks

- Brian

Edited by: Brian Fernandes on Jul 8, 2008 3:49 PM

Edited by: Brian Fernandes on Jul 8, 2008 4:50 PM