cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Content Conversion parameter help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help regarding the Content conversion parameters.I have sent a IDOC and i could receive it as an XML file in my receiver end.

My XML files looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_IDoc2FILE xmlns:ns0="http://ffvendor">

<NAME>....</NAME>

<EMAIL>....</EMAIL>

<MOBILE>.....</MOBILE>

</ns0:MT_IDoc2FILE>

Please let me know how to convert this to a comma separated flat file

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the receiver side adapter

1.Give the file name as .txt file

2. Under Content Conversion Parameters.

-> RecordsetStructure :Mention your field name i.e in your case (NAME,EMAIL,MOBILE)

-> Click on add row and add the following

Name & Value

NAME.NameA.addHeaderLine : 0

EMAIL.addHeaderLine:0

MOBILE.addHeaderLine:0

NAME.fieldSeparator : ','

EMAIL.fieldSeparator : ','

MOBILE.fieldSeparator : ','

NAME.endSeparator : 'nl'

EMAIL.endSeparator : 'nl'

MOBILE.endSeparator : 'nl'

For further queries check this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

Yuga

Edited by: Yugapreetha on Jun 13, 2008 1:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried as gabriel said ,but the file only get created and there is no data in there.am i missing something.

I don't understand what yuga said regarding the recordstructure field.can you be more specific.got only three fields out there in the doc.

Please help

Karthik

Edited by: Karthikeyan Viswanathan on Jun 13, 2008 1:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

It will work when you will give the Root node

please see my previous post and try to use the structure accordingly.

Recordset structure =MT_FileNAme,Root

MT_FileName.fieldSeparator=,

Root.fieldNames=name,email,mobile

Root.fieldSeparator=,

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jun 13, 2008 1:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for those links.First i want to test this out with the existing structure, then i will proceed as you said as i have to change the datatype structure for this.

Currently i have done as below

Recordset Structure :NAME,EMAIL,MOBILE

NAME.addHeaderLine =0

EMAIL.addHeaderLine =0

MOBILE.addHeaderLine =0

NAME.fieldSeparator=,

EMAIL.fieldSeparator=,

MOBILE.fieldSeparator=,

NAME.endSeparator='nl'

EMAIL.endSeparator='nl'

MOBILE.endSeparator='nl'

Still no luck wit the existing structure

am i going wrong somewhere???

Regards,

Karthik

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your message type,

please add the Root Node element

under these please have fields like name,email,mobile.

Also your Recordset structure should contain substructure only like root element,

So

Recordset Structure=Root

Root.addHeaderLine=0

Root.fieldNames=name,mobile,email

Root.fieldSeparator=,

Also if you are providing multiple data for your message.

Then better Have 2 root element under your message type.

Eg

Recordset structure=Root,Record

Record.addHeaderLine=0

Record.fieldNames=name,mobile,email

Record.fieldSeparator=,

Record.endSeparator='nl'

Root.fieldSeparator='nl'

This should work fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank a lot Gabriel and thank you all for helping me out.It works perfect

Karthik

Edited by: Karthikeyan Viswanathan on Jun 13, 2008 3:10 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

FCC Paremeters:

nameA.fieldSeparator =~

nameA.endSeparator ='nl'

nameA.fieldNames =text1,text2,text3,text4

nameA.processFieldNames fromConfiguration

nameA.lastFieldsOptional Yes

nameA.missingLastFields Add

nameA.additionalLastFields ignore

ignoreRecordsetName: true

if endSeparator = newline, then

nameA.endSeparator = 'nl'

nameA.fieldSeparator =~

nameA.fieldNames = field1,field2,field3,field4

if endSeparator = #, then

nameA.endSeparator = #

nameA.fieldSeparator =~

nameA.fieldNames = field1,field2,field3,field4

1. NameA.missingLastfields

If the inbound structure has less fields than specified in the configuration then the XML outbound structure is created as follows:

○ ignore

Outbound structure only contains the fields in the inbound structure

○ add

Outbound structure contains all fields from the configuration; the fields missing in the inbound structure are empty.

○ error

Conversion is terminated due to the incomplete inbound structure. An error message is displayed.

2. NameA.additionalLastFields

If the inbound structure has more fields than specified in the configuration then the XML outbound structure is created as follows:

○ ignore

Outbound structure only contains the fields in the inbound structure

○ error

Conversion is terminated due to the incomplete inbound structure. An error message is displayed.

The default value is ignore. If you have defined the NameA.fieldFixedLengths parameter, the default value is error.

If you have defined the NameA.fieldFixedLengths parameter and do not set either of the parameters described above, apart from the default values, the conversion routine works the same as described under Handling Structure Deviations.

Only once you set one of the two parameters will the other parameter be evaluated with its default value.

To ensure a well-defined runtime behavior for variable inbound structures, we recommend that you always set both parameters.

File Content prameters for the Receiver Adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

File Content prameters for the Sender Adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Refer

File Receiver with Content Conversion

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Configuring the Receiver File/FTP Adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/bb623c6369f454e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

File content conversion sites

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Please see the below links for file content conversion..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

File Content Conversion for Unequal Number of Columns

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns - FCC

Content Conversion (Pattern/Random content in input file)

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file - FCC

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario - FCC - MDM

XI in the role of a FTP

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp - FCC

File to R/3 via ABAP Proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - FCC

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter - EOIO - File

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ee/c9f0b4925af54cb17c454788d8e466/frameset.htm - cc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/95/bb623c6369f454e10000000a114084/content.htm - fcc cOUNTER

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da1e7c16-0c01-0010-278a-eaed5eae... - conversion agent

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

In Receiver file adapter -.> message protocol select the option file content conversion from teh drop down menu.

After that at the end you can see the Content Conversion Parameters in that give your root name in the place of Recordset Structure.

then in the add the below details in the table.

rootname.addHeaderLine -> 0

rootname.fieldSeparator -> ','

rootname.endSeparator -> 'nl'

I hope this will work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do one thing about below structure

as add one root node

Root

-

>NAME

-

>EMAIL

-

>MOBILE

Or if you wish to use the structure as it is without modifying then you need declear each field as RecordsetName in FCC

Then just apply the content conversion parameters as given in below links

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karthikeyan

Forum post in Exchange Infrastructure: Re: parameters for for reciever FTP file adapter

Just go through this blogs & links.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

regards

chandra

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use FieldSeparator as , for comma separated flat file in Content conversion parameter.

Recordset structure =MT_IDoc2FILE

MT_IDOC2File.fieldNames=name,email,mobile

MT_IDoc2FILE.fieldSeparator=,