Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Landscape Directory & Tranports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have the following problem:

Initially I only had Development environment. So I used the corresponding SLD. Than the system administrators installed the other environments (Quality Assurance and Production). Now I need to configure the hole landscape in order that only the production SLD will be used. So I am thinking of creating all the technical systems and all the business systems in the new SLD and define the "Groups" and "Transport Targets".

My question is:

I created two Software Components in the initial SLD:

SC1 and SC2. Do I need to create them again in the new SLD (Production) or is it enough to to export the Software Components from the Repository and import them again in QAS and afterwards PROD?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diz,

The best thing what you can do, is to export the Products and SWCV you created in the intitial SLD and import them in the new central SLD. This way the GUID's stay the same and you will not have any problems with your Repository.

Cheers,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your answer.

To make it clear in my head:

Do you mean:

1. I should export and import <b>in the SLD</b> or;

2. I should export the software component version <b>in the Repository</b> and then import it (like a regular transport in XI)?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diz,

I mean in the SLD, because when you go to a new central SLD,you have to make sure that GUID's in the SLD are the same as the GUID's of the SWCV in the Repository. After every system (DEV/QA/PROD) is pointing to the same SLD, you can thinking about transporting Repository content from dev to qa.

Cheers,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one more question Frank,

I understand that GUIDs have to be the same for the Software Component Version. Is this also true for Business Systems and Technical Systems? I mean, do I have to export/import these also or can I create them directly in the new (productive) SLD?

Once again thanks

Your answers have been very helpfull

Diz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diz,

I think, you can't export/import them (my SLD is down at the moment). In the worst case you have to import them again in the Directory.

Cheers,

Frank